by admin on May 25, 2011
I only listed the ones I really like best, categorized according to personal background, skills and abilities, academic preparation, and other topics.
This list of questions would be an excellent resource to use when preparing for interviews with prospective employees.
ABILITY TO DEAL WITH ADVERSITY, THINKING AND PROBLEM SOLVING
- What are your personal goals, and have you achieved them? If not, why?
- Who was the most difficult person youâ€™ve dealt with? How did you respond?
- Describe a frustrating experience from work. How did you deal with it?
- What are some of the greatest personal challenges you have faced?
- How do you handle rejection?
- What aspects of your past jobs were most frustrating?
- What life experiences have given you the greatest reward?
- Can you tell me about the toughest job youâ€™ve ever had?
- What was the most difficult aspect of obtaining a college degree?
CAREER GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- What are your career interests?
- What are your standards of success/goals for a job?
- What are your goals and aspirations for the next three years?
- What are your long-range goals and how are you preparing to achieve them?
- If you could create the perfect job for yourself, what would you do?
- Please tell me about your plans for the future.
- What work would you like to do that really interests you?
- What is your timetable for achievement of your current career goals?
- What skills do you possess that will help make you successful in this job?
- Why should we hire you?
- Have you ever worked in a similar position with another organization, and what did you enjoy most about and least about it?
- Please discuss some of your past jobs and what you accomplished in them?
- What prior work experiences have you had?
- What were your accomplishments in these prior work experiences?
- Please tell me about the duties/requirements of your last job.
- Elaborate on one of the work experiences listed on your resume.
- What did you enjoy most about your previous job experiences? Least?
- In addition to your educational and professional experiences, what else would you like us to know about you in order to make an appropriate decision?
- What skills will you bring to the job that will enhance our team or company?
- What are your major strengths and weaknesses?
- What did you see as your major strengths and/or weaknesses on this job?
- What would your last two employers say about you, good and bad?
- How would you describe your supervisory/leadership style?
- Who or what had the greatest influence on your life?
- Describe the difference between motivation and inspiration, and how these apply to you in the work environment.
INITIATIVE AND FOLLOW-THROUGH
- What are your greatest achievements at this point in your life?
- Tell me about your accomplishments during college that make you proudest.
- If friends/colleagues were to describe you to a stranger what would they say?
- What do you consider most important when evaluating yourself?
- What were your most significant achievements?
- How would you describe your style of communication?
- Tell me about a time you had to sell an idea to someone else.
- What do you enjoy doing most?
- Tell me about a time you had to present information to a large group of people. How did you feel and how successful were you?
WORKING EFFECTIVELY WITH OTHERS
- How well do you work with others?
- What are some of the pros and cons of working on a team project?
- When have you led a team to achieve a specific goal, what were the results?
- What have you admired in people who have previously supervised your work? What haven’t you admired in these individuals?
- How would you resolve conflict in a group situation?
CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION
- What changes would you make in your school’s academic program?
- Tell me about a time you found a new and better way of doing something.
- What was the largest, most creative project youâ€™ve been involved in to date?
- Tell me the most creative solution you have come up with to solve a problem.
- Tell me a time when you had to bring out the creativity in others.
- Please tell me about a conflict and how you resolved it.
- Tell me a time you had to make an important decision with limited facts.
- Tell me a time you had to make an unpopular decision.
- Tell me about a bad decision you made and what you would do differently?
DELEGATION AND ORGANIZATION
- How do you organize your day?
- Tell me about a time you delegated a project effectively.
- Describe to me a time when a supervisor delegated a task to you when you had a full workload. How did you handle the situation?
- Describe what your closets and garage look like today.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SALES
- What personal qualities do you bring to this firm?
- Tell me about when you dealt with an irate customer.
- What does the term â€śthe customer is always rightâ€ť mean to you?
- Whatâ€™s the best example of awesome customer service youâ€™ve provided?
- What starting salary do you expect as an employee?
- When comparing one company offer to another, what factors will be important to you besides starting salary?
- Please tell me about yourself. How would you describe yourself?
- Name three people who have inspired you and why.
- What personal qualities do you bring to this firm?
- What do you know about our company?
- Why are you interviewing with us?
- Why do you want to work in the position you are seeking?
- What are your expectations of us?
- Why did you select us?